UIF BENEFITS AFTER TERS
Many companies are still trying to sort out the last payments for TERS which ended, despite the promise of the Minister of Employment and Labour on 15 October 2020. So, what now?
The DOL had introduced a new benefit in November 2019 which is really what allowed them to implement TERS. This is called the REDUCED WORKING TIME BENEFIT (RWT on the UI19 form)
The differences between this benefit and TERS are:
- It uses the employee’s individual credits (1 day of UIF for every 4 days of contribution to a maximum of 365 days of benefits)
- It is not a top up, so will only pay the difference between the benefit the employee is eligible for and the actual remuneration received by the employee that month.
- The employee needs to apply individually.
To assist employees the UIF has recently introduced a bulk application system which the employer can do online with supporting documents in the event of retrenchment (bulk dismissals) and in the event that employees are laid off.
They have issued formats for submission and produced an easy guide for doing these applications. Please see EASY AID GUIDE – Spreadsheet Application here.
For more information, please contact the office.
WHAT TO DO WHEN EMPLOYEES HAVE TO ISOLATE OR GO INTO QUARANTINE
Where an employee is instructed by their employer or a medical practitioner to isolate or quarantine themselves, they are able to apply for the UIF Ill Health Benefit. A new letter has been provided by the DOL to assist with claims in this regard. Again, when necessary a bulk application for sick pay benefits for employees can be made if a number of employees are exposed and required to isolate.
Please see Medical Letter – isolation here.
Please note that sorting our TERS with the DOL is essential. We have found that employees who still have a TERS payment waiting to be processed cannot claim any other benefit including maternity benefits.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND LINKS
Please note all security guards and staff who are required to continue to work during lockdown must carry the permit in the link below
- TERS – Update Letter – 2020-12-18
- TERS – Update Letter – 2020-11-19
- TERS – Update Letter – 2020-11-28
- TERS – Refund System Guide
- TERS – Refund Excel Template
- TERS – System Change
- TERS – Digital UI 19 Declarations Guideline
- TERS – Post verification Communication – Employers
UIF REDUCED WORK TIME BENEFIT
- UI2.1 – Application for unemployment benefits
- UI2.7 – Remuneration whilst in employment
- UI2.8 – Authorization to pay benefits into banking account
- UI6 A – Confirmation of unemployment status
- UI19 – Employers declaration
UIF TERS SUBMISSION FORMS
- COVID-19 TERS: How to Apply for UIF COVID-19 TERS Benefit May – June
- COVID-19 TERS: Easy Application Guide
- COVID-19 TERS: FAQ
- COVID-19 TERS: What happens after Application
- COVID-19 TERS: Online Submission Guide
- COVID-19 TERS: National Disaster Payment – Excel Template
- COVID-19 TERS: Dispute Resolution Process
- COVID-19 TERS: Dispute Resolution Form
- COVID-19 TERS: Guidelines for Converting Excel Spreadsheets to Comma Separated Value (CSV)
- COVID-19 TERS: Update 2020/09/16 – Eligibility to Claim
- COVID-19 TERS: Combined Regulations
- COVID-19 TERS: Amended Covid-19 Directives – 2020/04/16
- COVID-19 TERS Amended Covid-19 Directives – 2020/09/07
- COVID-19 TERS: Extension Covid-19 Final Directives – 2020/08/11
- COVID-19 TERS: Extension Covid-19 Final Directives – 2020/09/07
- COVID-19 TERS: Easy Aid
- COVID-19 TERS: Full Regulations
- UIF Easy Guide for online claims
- Amended COVID-19 Temporary Employee/Employer Relief Scheme – 2020/04/08
- Regulations in force during Lockdown – Level 2
- Regulations in force during Lockdown – Level 3
- Regulations in force during Lockdown – Level 4
- Presidential Statement – 23 March 2020
DEBT RELIEF FINANCE SCHEME
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- COVID-19 Consolidated Directions on OSHA Measures in Certain Workplaces
- COVID-19: Compensation Fund Directives for Compensation of Occupationally Acquired COVID-19
- Workplace Preparedness: COVID-19
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases
- COVID-19 Guideline for Symptom Management
- COVID-19 Guideline on Submission of COVID Data
- COVID-19 Guidance in the Event of COVID 19 Positive Employees
- COVID-19 Guidance on Vulnerable Employees